Monday, January 10, 2011

I'll have time for you both

Kay and Jay enter the room SR. The room is empty except for a single chair with Him. There is a door SL wich leads into the bathroom.

Jay - ...O.K. O.K. cool, let's get started.

Kay - That's all?

Jay - What?

Kay - Look

Beat

Beat

Jay - she really did a number on him.

Beat

Him - It's not a big deal.
I don't know why, what anyone was worried about.
It's nothing.
Nothing but silence and emptiness.
But the maggots in eyes.
That did feel weird.
Well it didn't feel like anything,
I just knew that it should feel like something.
I'm not mad at what happened.
I don't think I Deserve it.
I don't think it's Fair.
But I'm not Mad.
I just.
I just didn't know what I was doing.
I didn't think.
I guess that's what stuck with me.
I didn't think.
That's what she kept saying.
Over.
Over.
Over.
Think.
Think.
Just think, I just couldn't.
So, If I could've stopped it.
I guess I would've because then I would be thinking.
Thinking about what?
Thinking about something
about somewhere
...
...
about about about about
...
something.
Instead, just here.
Maggots in my eyes.
Things eating away
Falling away
Fuck. just look at me.

Kay - Cool, let's start.

Jay - Wait, how come you can say that?

Kay - Because, I have taken the time to appreciate what Elle has done, and am now ready to continue with the job. You, on the other hand, wished to excuse...this... without fully understanding and appreciating what you are seeing.

Jay - I appreciate it. I guess, I appreciate it...just not, like you, I guess.

Kay - Don't you realize what this means. What we're looking at?

Beat

Kay - It means, that Elle is more respectable than I thought.

No comments: