Sunday, October 31, 2010

halloweenie

I was watching my friend move across the dance floor.

She was dosed in blood from head to toe; her hair in ridiculous braids on either side of her much too old head. Wearing only a white slip, which I suppose in the same situation would be deemed sexy but in this particular scene was empty and cold. Her face was blank as she passed me by. Once I got her attention she turned to me, her face more sullen and vast and sad then I have ever seen it. "Have you seen my friend Marco and my friend Caitlen," both of whom I have meet before. She was looking at me like a stranger, which I guess we had become. At that moment she seemed so far removed from reality that she was like a ghost to me. She was the reminder of all the times I was endlessly searching for someone. Half dead or Half drunk and it made me...it made me...it made me something I've neither the vocabulary or the emotional depth to understand. So I left. In the arms of someone I love. In the arms of someone that I have found through my half drunk half dead search.

and I guess this bloody spectre with disco lights behind her and pulsating bass around her will stop being a symbol.




for both our sakes.

No comments: