Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Time and the Livin' is Hard/Expensive

This weekend was one of the most random/fun weekends I've had since moving to the Chicago. Having no job yet (someone please hire me, seriously) My weekend started Thursday night. Well having no job everyday is a weekend since weekends and weekdays are usually marked by job work/school work/anything, besides the nothing, I feel like I'm doing all the time.
I digress.
I hung out with the writer and hiker on thursday night. This was their designated splurg night and they decided come into the city. It was interesting, we went to w---- park but we found ourselves surrounded by yuppies and being charged 4 dollars for budlight! And then we went to a club that was playing house music. It started out ok then the music seemed to get worse and worse until not only were we surrounded by yuppies not dancing but also listening to embarrassingly badly music. Cringe worthy even. So we left and walked around scouting places out for next time.

Friday, quarter-rican, LemofPin, blueline and e-ton ended up at a bar near DePaul, and that was on of the funniest nights ever. The bar itself was, once again overpriced but the people watching made it worthwhile. Thursday night I was surrounded by yuppies, Friday night we were surrounded by bros! And man, were they having a blast! And so were we...at there expense..But this is kind of a win-win-win situation of judgement. 
1.) We got to make fun of people that we do not know and can only assume are horrible, thank to their manner of dress and their behavior.
2.) They didn't care because they are "too cool" and way to "mature" to care about some alt-ish weirdos that lost their way and ended up at this awesome bar.
3.)Everyone was drunk. Except, I guess this where they lose, we were not nearly as embarrassing/slutty.

Saturday, quarter-rican, LemofPin, blueline, or visiting friend jerseypeace and I went out yet again! This time we were sick of the bros and the yuppies so we found a goth club. We had jusst gotten finished with a rousing game of scattegories(!!!!!) and we walked by a dark alley and we saw people going in. So we obviously ended up going inside. duh. 
This was the best decision ever, not only was the people watching amazing, all the goths seemed very nice and not complete douchewhores like the bros and also the music playing was actually pretty good tcchno/dark/industrial. So we danced and people watched. But I can only stay so long in a goth club until I start thinking I'm about to be initiated into some kind of cult. Here's to open mindedness!

Oh and I also went out during the day. Thurs I went with quarter-rican and her dad and sis to the taste and almost got trappled by the crowd. Oh and I met a very cute blues musician named Conner the way to meet the writer and hiker. Fri, I went with my family to the taste and did not almost get trampled. Sat, I went with the fam to the lake and saw some christians doing interpretive hip-hop for jesus.

Then we had Chip Club on Sunday!

Give me a job! plz?

No comments: