Sunday, July 5, 2009

Feliz Quatro de Julio

Like any red-blooded 'merican, i spent the 4th of July hanging with my frienz on the roof bbqin'and drankin' beerz.

This is literally what being an American is. It's written in the Declaration of Independence (this Declaration of Independence was written by me when i was sitting my livin room all alone...b/c i have no friends, well no friends other than the crew of the uss starship voyager)

I digress!

I went over to lady gabgab's apty and grilled and conversed and drank and laughed and watched fireworks and danced and danced until everything become swirls of light and sound; direction became meaningless, the music, conversation and firework booms, a cacophony of sound that were melded together, creating the illusion that this is what it means to be young and carefree.

or

we listened to journey and talked about the merits of mariah carey and corn husking.

Either one sounds good to me, no?

I've gotten to know lady gabgab's roomie solidgolid better and that grrrl is fun. I also like that at this party there were plenty of Latinos.

Subsequently, i feel more comfortable using more spanish saying and embrace some of my latino-ism (is that a thing?) in conversation.

So that was fun and liberating, everything america is about. And now once again i'm in my livin' room and it's hot out, most likely it's cooler outside than in here but i'm a lazy lazy creature, written in my blizzy (blog) and thinkin' 'bout how totes awesome 'merica is.

eh?

oh and here's this:



best.

No comments: