Thursday, February 18, 2010

clean as a

boom

thanks to ds7 we got the e-net!

more like squeeee-netz? eh amirite? of course


anyway there will be a couple of posts written during the dark times.

as follows.

previously on wonkster:

so I started and subsequently continued watching MTV’s True Life: I Want the Perfect Body.

the premise of this v. spesh episode of a series that’s all about special situations is this; these fools want the perfect body BUT they are NOT going to use plastic surgery. I’m not sure whether this includes steroids or eating disorders. I don’t care. I started watching this show and I immediately disliked all these peepz. Not only because I believe that X-tremes are idiotic and all things in life should be taken in moderation, but also because, they try to make their struggle not only universal but DEEP. The second, in theory, I’m fine with but the first is just not, super not true, that’s why you are on this show, because you are an outlier and kinda a freak. This might as a well be called True Life: I’m on MTV’s version of a Freak Show. That ISN’T The Jersey Shore. But, I guess they occasionally stumble upon human truths about insecurities/narcissism and the desperate attempt to mold themselves into something for someone else.


There is a part of me that feels bad, it seems like these people, especially the lady that is trying to be a beauty pageant, is thinking that she is trying to look good for herself but in reality and the nature of pageantry, you are conforming yourself to someone else’s idea of beauty/intelligence and poise. It’s the lack of self awareness is what is the killer. I’m not picking on her, the bodybuilder bro is just as desperate as she is. He is turning himself into a prized bull to be paraded around for his body, just like she.


There is one pseudo-relatable one, Ryan, the one that is going to play footingballs in Notre Dame. At least there is a more “legitimate” reason for his drive. Playing football for prestigious football school, because he got a scholarship for and he needs to perform his best because his academic future is also ahead of himself. So, good? Even though there’s always that whole: too much footyballz no enough book learnin’. So he’ll have to negotiate that. And competitive sports is one of those hit’n’miss one in a million other clichéd sayin’s kinda thang.


The bodybuilding bro, no longer seems human. I look at his body and can’t imagine that there could be person in there. Even they soon stop seeing themselves as hu-monz, but rather as machine they need to tune and not derive any pleasure with. The moment I was completely alienated from the bodybuilder was when he was all, “don’t eat food for taste, only fuel,” or some jive I was all psssssssssssssssssh. You are a robot.
I try not to associate with robotz.

If I likened bodybuilder bro to a robot/animal, I liken beauty pageant to a painting/animal. It’s the idea of beauty with the slight veneer of personality. It’s the ultimate illusion where you would assume a pretty girl also has a pretty personality. That sparkling eyes, behind all that make up, have depth to there shine. But you know; bitches be crazy. That’s just what it seems to me and my own ideas of beauty and validation. Her badge of honor is the fact that she hasn’t had any plastic surgery. Which is kinda refreshing, BUT, if she is trying to conform herself, why not go all the way with a silicon/saline. I guess we all have our scruples.
One thing bout all these robot-people, is that they are dedicated. Some (I) would say creepily so. So good luck robot-humans.

Hope your dreamz come true.

Or something.

No comments: