Monday, January 18, 2010

i'm an island

So yesterday was a simultaneously exciting and horrifying day.

Exciting because I got my BED DELIVERED.
Horrifying because it's an Ikea bed.

[insert: It now looks like a I have a cartoon bed in my room]


I'm going to have to do something to keep it from looking so g-d generic. There's nothing wrong with having an Ikea bed, I mean they are cheap and I can't afford anything else so it's a take it or leave it situation AND I'MA TAKE IT. I feel like a big boy now sitting in my bed.

Exciting because I got my bed.
Horrifying because I HAD TO GO BACK TO IKEA

Yes friends, I had to go back to that fucking store equal parts, desperation and reasonably priced furniture. Because they (Ikea) forget to tell me that I also needed a midbeam or else my bed wouldn't work. So I had to make my odyssey back to Ikea.

I felt like Orpheus going back to the underworld, but instead of a lover I was going back to buy a ten dollar piece of metal. samesies!

[insert: I didn't look motherfuckin' back, I'm not a fool and it was also only a beam and not a lover....]



It took me abooooooooout 1:45 to get to Ikea in the freezing rain. Took me 10 minutes to find the beam and check out. Then another 1:45 to get back to the ole' apty in the rain etc...

HORRIFYING

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway even though it's "needless," Ikea is hell on earth. It takes two buses and a transfer to get to hell and it'll take most of your day.


On the up side I got to hang out with Warbles! Also NeuroGlo was also in town and we all had dinnnnnnner and got Indian food and it was good and it made my stomach happy. I was glad to see NeuroGlo, she sometimes comes down from Boston and it's always a treat!


oh DUH happy MLK Day! <3 unity <3 togetherness <3 dreams and equal rights


guitar strum fade out!

No comments: