Monday, January 25, 2010

you will see those tears

Alright, so you know what's going to happen tonight? Yes, I'm going to watch Greek.



I'm not joking. It's a funny/fun show. The writing is surprisingly good and after a day like today I need some slightly shallow witty dirty(yet, wholesome) fun.


I guess what I like about Greek, is that it really knows itself and who it's writing about. It's about the Greek system in everyman's college in Ohio. While I can say I didn't go to an everyman's college (not braggy, true I went to school with a majority of hippies and hipsters), I knew a lot of folks that went to The OSU, U of O, Ohio Wesleyan, Ashland U, etc...that had the Greek system. And to be honest there is that mentality of wholesome trash. Getting drunk and hooking up but still going to church in the morning; having your scruples and being able to be pragmatic about it. It's not about what you do, but how you perceive yourself and in a certain way claiming ownership for your habits. Because that's what a lot of teen shows are starting to realize, there is no equation where, if you drank and have sex you are bad. It's about trying to portray a whole experience and not just stereotypes or at least, perhaps, portraying those old tropes and shining new light on them. And Greek is able to do that in a quick-witted, warm-hearted way. Sure it occasionally has cringe worth slang, but a lot of slang is cringe worth, it just seems much more so, once you are no longer in that setting or are that age.

[insert: G∑∑k]


Plus I think it's lulzie and has homos, so count me in.


Work today was dumb. I was dumb.



ya dig?

No comments: